Important information for all escorts working in Queensland
We often receive emails from new escorts entering the industry, or established escorts who will be working in Brisbane, the Gold Coast or other cities in Queensland for the first time, who are not familiar with the state legislation and the rules surrounding advertising in Queensland. In this blog, we will give you a little bit of information about the basic things that you need to be aware of, and links to important resources.
Queensland has very specific laws when it comes to sex work advertising. We will list some of these regulations below, but please be advised that this list is not exhaustive. It is the responsibility of each escort to be familiar with the laws in the state where you will be working.
QLD ESCORTS CANNOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- cannot provide unprotected services (including oral)
- cannot provide doubles with another escort
- cannot use the word "massage" in your advertising
- cannot list or describe your services in your advertising
Scarlet Blue blocks the SERVICES section of your profile in Queensland. However, it is important that you do not list services in the other sections of your profile (such as the About Me or Rates sections), as these sections will not be blocked in QLD.
QLD ESCORT IMAGES CANNOT DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING:
- The sexual organs or anus. You cannot display frontal or rear nudity of the genital region
- A sexual act or simulated sexual act
- A person under the age of 18 years
- Pictures, drawings or references to alcohol (including images of wine bottles/glasses)
- A whip or BDSM instrument of pain (you must receive written permission from the PLA first)
*NOTE: Scarlet Blue will censor images in QLD profiles if we see that they don't comply with the above laws. However, it is the legal responsibility of all advertisers to check your images on your Queensland profile, and to ensure that they all comply with QLD laws.
If you are touring to QLD, we will not display your selfie gallery or archive gallery in your QLD profile.
For detailed information about the QLD sex work laws and what is not allowed, please visit the PLA website: http://www.pla.qld.gov.au/advertising/guidelinesApproveFormAdvertPros.htm
There is a lot of easy to read information about the laws on the Scarlet Alliance website: http://www.scarletalliance.org.au/laws/qld
For any questions about QLD laws, please feel welcome to contact Respect Inc, which is the sex industry support group for QLD: https://www.respectqld.org.au